Don't get mad at me please!!!!

I am asking this question out of pure curiousity!!!! With the strange month I have had, I was looking into falso positives, evap lines, and faulty tests. I was just wondering if any of you guys have had any of those things happen to you. I read a few articles where people said that a faulty positive test would be a very thin line and off center. Evaps would supposedly be completely colorless and barely visible. Is this what you guys experienced?

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i niver had a false postive but i have false negitive
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i haven't had this happen to me, but i know that the test can give you a false negative but not a false positive! Good luck!
    KamilahsLuv

Answer by KamilahsLuv at 5:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i dont understand why you thought people would get mad at you for this question and maybe your tests are an indication that you should go see a doc and get them to check you out and do a test so you can get some answers!! good luck
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I've had 2 false negatives but never a false positive....I've heard false positives arent possible but I could be wrong
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Well I have been posting a ton of questions about pregnacy because of my situation and I feel a few people got annoyed by the ongoing posts. This one isn't meant to reflect my situation in any way though. Just something I saw other forums discuss and found it interesting. Hey Lucky, I always heard that you can't get a false positive as well. I had one when I was about 19 though and my OB told me that they are possible. They are usually caused by a faulty test or women reading the test after time limit and mistaking an evap line for a positive.
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I've heard false positives are pretty rare. I think maybe if you really want to know, skip all the home tests and just get a blood test or ultrasound. I'd hate to be wondering 'what if what if' and make myself crazy, so that's what I'd do =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thanx for the info Missalissa...I honest to God didnt know that! Learn something new every day lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• As far as my own situation, I just decided that if I am pregnant I will not start my period when expected as I am ALWAYS regular, and if I'm not then I will get my AF. I couldn't take the emotional "yes or no" confusion anymore lol. This question is just because I am curious to know if anyone has had this happen to them. I love hearing stories about things like this, I find them very interesting. Maybe I should become an OB/GYN.........
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have never had a false negative myself, but my sister did... but I have never heard of anyone having a false positive.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Drum roll please......for all of you reading this post now or in the future, I asked this question out of sheer curiousity. I did however get 3 positives that were thin, kind of light, and off center. I read on alot of sites that this is a good indicator of being a false positive. In my case, however, they are true positives! I am indeed pregnant! I will be making an appointment with my OB in the next week or two. I just want you guys to know that if you get these results as well, don't be discouraged! There is still a good chance it is a true positive! GL everybody!!!!
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011