Thinning hair?

Does anyone have any remedies for hair falling out and thinning? My hair comes out a LOT especially after showers.

k.raine

Asked by k.raine at 6:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I started eating more protien and started taking biotin and collagen to help restore mine and lots and lots of water. It's worked really well for me. Good Luck :)
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Did ya have a baby not that long ago? You could be going through post partum hair loss. I went through it with both my pregnancies about 3 months after each one. It's so scary.....BUT try not to stress cuz that makes it worse. Keep taking your prenatal, don't wash your hair everyday & be gentle with it....also take extra B vitamins and make sure you are not low on iron. GL...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Check the hairs that are coming out. If they are coming out with the roots attached (truly falling out - whole hair) then you might want to check with a doctor. Sometimes this kind of hair loss can be a symptom of something that needs a doctor's attention.

If there is no root attached, the hair is actually breaking off. In that case, you may want to check with a good beautician.

In either case, you will want to be sure you are getting enough vitamins (B in particular). GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Is it Long? and are youstrssing lately more than usual?
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have that problem more so when I am stressed out
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 11:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I didnt just have a baby (my youngest is 4 years old) and its not that long anymore. I cut it bc it was getting to be too much to take care of. It seems to have really picked up in the past couple of months. I changed my birth control because I was worried that was the problem. No change though.
    k.raine

Comment by k.raine (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2011