Older moms who cant have kids anymore.

family in the vanI miss my child bearing years,being pregnant,shopping for baby. The nights of nursing my babies. I almost cry thinking about it,if money and age weren't an issue I would have TONS of babies. I would take more time to scrap book my memories and write down important milestones they achieved. I was never taught anything like that from my mom, and now I wish I had learned these things, or had someone show me. Do any of you older moms admire moms who are pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids are 10 12 13 15 and of course I lost one before I had my last.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• First off no, I don't admire someone just because they are pregnant... I've known too many stupid preggos...who don't take care of themselves or their other kids... secondly, why don't you pour all this angst into loving your current kids and being the best mom you can be...third...volunteer at a children's hospital in the babies ward... to hold the sick babies when their parents can't be around... and lastly... your kids will give you grandkids eventually... and you'll have your hands full.
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 6:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I dont know what you consider older. I have 5 kids ranging from 6 yrs old to 21 yrs old and two grandkids who are 4 & 2. I do miss when my kids were babies but absolutely have no want to be pregnant, wake up at night, change diapers, or any of that lol. I am 100% content with being a grandma now. My grandkids came over today and I snuggled them, played with them, loved on them, and gave them back. It was quite perfect :-)
    The only thing I admire about people who are pregnant is that they get the newness of being a parent. That excitement.

Answer by gemgem at 6:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm not "older" I'm only 23 but I can't have anymore kids though. I say put everything you have into the kids you have now even if they are adults. Sometimes people don't know what to do without kids to take care bc they haven't had kids to not take care of before. Maybe try to get some more hobbies or something? Work on your relationships you have with friends, other family members or your husband. Maybe you and your husband can take adventage of the time you guys together now ?? Get in some dancing classes like Salsa or ballroom dancing. Maybe try to get into some adult education classes to learn something new, work on your career or something ? Just some ideas!!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i guess i fall into the Older Mom category-LOL! i'm 44 & my kids are 23 & 25- i also have two Step-Sons that i raised that are 21 & 27- i can Honestly say that i do not miss not being able to have any more kids- i could not imagine going through all of that again- i am happy & blessed with the relationship i have with my kids now & one day when they are ready i will be the Best Grandma Ever:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No. I had horrible, high risk pregnancies and you couldn't pay me to go through it again! It's really nice to be finished with the pregnancies, baby and toddler years. I'm having more fun now. I did really enjoy all the teeny clothes shopping though!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I am not ' older' in the sense you mean (35) but i have been unable to have more since my second was born 11 years ago .. Even now I get broody and tearful about it and for awhile after my partial hyst I was very, very depressed . My husband and I wanted a large family and I felt i had let us both down, or rather my body had . The only bonus was no more periods .

Yes, sometimes I do get a twinge of envy , even jalousy , when i see a very pregnant mom to be . I know how you feel .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm not older and my son is still quite young, but I miss being pregnant and really wish that pregnancy would come more easily for me because we've been ttc for six months now and it's tearing me to pieces. So yes I really envy pregnant women and if mother nature would cooperate I would have a dozen or more.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 2:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2011