Does anyone else follow Dave Ramsey's financial advice?

I think he's the smartest financial guy to come along... if everyone followed his advice, no one would be in debt...and it doesn't cost a thing to follow his common sense steps.

goodi2shooz

Asked by goodi2shooz at 7:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• He offers some great advice. I think there is even a group on here under his name.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• DH and I are going through the Baby Steps right now. It's HARD, but we are trying very hard to keep to it!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He's even got a free app! I do his "envelope" system and it really helps keep my spending down.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I've listened to him. I wish I could follow his advice.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We do! We are debt free, we paid off more than $30k of debt. We have our fully funded emergency fund, we are contributing to our retirement fund, we have put off doing any major saving for college for the kids (because they are still very young) while we pay off our mortgage. We technically have 22 years left, but we will have it paid off in less than 3 years. We have a very strict budget. We use the envelope system. The only money that we have ever paid to Dave Ramsey is the $10 we paid for his book from his website and that was only after checking it out 6 times at the library (love that he doesn't accept credit cards).

slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Totally agree OP. We started his plan about two years ago. We're now completly debt free and nearly half way done with our emergency fund. And there is a Dave Ramsey group on CM. Totally fun, lots of great information, support, and advice. And of course a great place to vent about set backs or celebrate victories.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3751/forums/3751/General_Discussion
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2011