How do I get my son to roll over Dr says he is develomently delayed?

CEO1MOM

Asked by CEO1MOM at 7:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try rolling around yourself by him, or putting a toy he likes just out of reach.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Did the doctor offer any advice how to help him? Maybe you could do research online for ideas.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• lay him on his back and prop something (soft) underneath one side and he will roll over on his own that way until he gets the hang of it. Also, definately google it, there should be tons of ideas.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think tummy time is the best way to get him to roll over. It strengthens arm muscles that are used to roll over with.
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Roll around and let your baby see you they like to mimic the things that we do
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• How old is the baby?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My 5 year old never did that, and we tried rolling her over, and she started doing it eventually. She is developmentally delayed, but she's doing much better now. She had an IEP, and was in a special education preschool program a couple of years ago, but they released her from it due to her passing the IEP testing. Don't panic, most babies do this, but it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. They get lazy at times, but eventually things will start moving.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You could try tummy time and put a toy off to one side of the baby just out of reach. I hate when doctors say that stuff though because all they do is send off panic alarms in us moms. With my oldest I was told he had a big head on the growth chart and I should get a scan, then he was talking on time so he should get evaluated, then he wasn't holding a crayon the right way, blah, blah, blah. He's 4 now and perfectly normal! With my youngest they started even earlier. Told me he might have a chromosomal problem while I was pregnant, then when he was born that he had torticollis, then it was that he was a late walker. He's going to be 2 in June and he is perfectly normal too.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My grandpa used to help my DD roll when she'd get stuck on her arm. He'd make it a game; he'd pull her left arm up, above her head, then pulled her right leg across her body. She got it on her own shortly after. I've neve rbeen told she has any developmental disabilities, but it's worth a try. Good luck!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• place your son on a blanket and lay next to him soon he will turn towards you when you talk and from there it is just a matter of time my daughter is six months and only just started rolling over don't worry he will get there
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 11:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011