How do you handle being an adult orphan?

Do you go to older people for advice?

goodi2shooz

Asked by goodi2shooz at 7:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• You know, it's very hard. I lost my father at age 22, and my mom at age 34. I am 50 now. I have never gone to older people for advice. I kind of just rely on God and my hubby to get me through things. However, there is a perpetual feeling of loss.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My husband , was 17 when he lost his father ( thats all he had at the time) but he;s done really good for himself, im very proud of him. I think he really had to abide in his friends, and it was devastating i know to him. But He was strong ,and he didnt give up, and now 2 years later, he has a scholarship to go to a 4 year school playing basketball, he's married and has a child on the way.

Keep your head up if your the orphan. Its hard, Ive seen it (never experienced though)
    So sorry, hope things hold up for you.
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• As an adult I either figured it out myself or talked with friends or other family members.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I talk with friends of ages from young adult to older.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No I do not go to older people for advice. I go to middle age group. I do because you get a wider opinion assortment.
    Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011