Gotta love trash, right?

So I was just sitting on the porch watching my DD play in the yard, when a woman and her two kids walked by. The woman had her DH/ex-DH on speakerphone, and was yelling "You won't take my kids away from me!" The argument continued with much yelling, threatening, and cursing.

I was less concerned with the fact that she was making this a public display than I was the fact that her kids were listening to every word. I mean, c'mon....Isn't that a conversation best reserved for when the kids aren't present?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 7:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• She sounds very ignorant and could probably use some parenting classes! It's very emotionally damaging for her children to hear this conversation! She should know better!
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• OMG i hate that!!!! my parents NEVER had a dispute infront of us kids they would quietly talk in there room when we went to bed
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Definitely not a conversation children should have to listen to. Some parents have no clue.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My grandparents never fought in front of me, but my mom and dad would FISTFIGHT right there in the living room! I was little, probably 3, and I can still remember it vividly. My mom did the same thing with my first step dad, things cooled off with her for a while and it was just screaming and yelling and throwing things, and then they divorced and step dad number three was WORSE. I'm glad I never really lived with her that much. Ugh.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We now are "treated to" the most private and intimate details of the lives of people who talk on cell phones....do they not know that we can all hear every word they say? It is an epidemic....loud cell phone talkers.It is so immature and rude.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Speakerphone? Wow. Sounds liek DH's BM...she's called him, screaming about their daughter, while at Wal-Mart. I like Wal-Mart, and she kinda ruins it for me. Some people have no class!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• People who talk on cell phones don't need a speakerphone.LOL. All they have to do is talk and their voices get louder. I don't know why? But it is annoying. I want to tell them that we don't WANT to hear their personal phone calls.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• these kinds of discussions should never be in front of children... rage away at your ex..but do it out of earshot and sight of the kids...
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 12:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• he may have called her, and she was hurt anddefending herself! You cant judge until you become her and know he whole story!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• he may have called her, and she was hurt anddefending herself!

So she put him on speakerphone and screamed threats and cuss words in front of her children? Mmmkay.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011