3yr old flower girl??

A friend askedif my 3yr old would be her flower girl in her wedding in 2weeks. I love the idea but am terrified if I say yes, my daughter will freak out at the last minute and it just may not end well....my daughter is very friendly and outgoing, but shes 3 and has her moments....anyone have a child this young participate in a wedding, and if so, how did it go and how did you keep things running smoothly?? Tha ks!

soccerchik8287

Asked by soccerchik8287 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make sure ther is a back up plan. Like of she is unwilling to walk down on her own the Maid of Honor or someone can escort her or even carry her. Make sure you are near the front so if she gets fidgety she can come sit down with you. Make sure your friend understands that 3 year olds are not always predictable but it can make for memorable moments for sure!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I totally agree with but_Mommie
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• im with but_mommie
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• me too, back up plan.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Im with But_Mommie. Its always better to have a back up plan no matter the age or how good they are with things
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• yes mommie is right. have a plan B. You can have an older girl behind her just in case. She will love being in the wedding. good luck.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• DD was a flower girl @ 3, she took her role very seriously. She can often be shy, but she practiced, and did very well. It may've helped she got to follow her 6 y/o cousin the other flower girl.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Little girls always steal the show at the wedding. I went to a wedding where Daddy had to carry the little one and she threw flowers over his shoulder and another where the little girl dropped all the flowers and screamed and ran down the aisle, both instances adorable, something to talk about and sadly more memorable than other elements of the wedding. She's your beautiful baby, just let her shine in whatever colors she chooses to reflect that day and make sure you have lots of cameras going!
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2011