Do you have friends that have been around so long, that you won't dump them even if you don't like them very much anymore?

I have a friend I've had for 25 years now... when we first became friends we had a lot more in common, and we were both different people then. She's been there for me through thick and thin, and me for her...but I've become a different person and we don't have much in common anymore... and I find her annoying alot..and my kids don't like her because she tries to parent them even when I'm around... I've spoken to her about this many times but she doesn't get it. But because of her longevity, I can't seem to dump her permanently...

goodi2shooz

Asked by goodi2shooz at 7:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, just because after a that long he or she is family. You can't break a family bond,you just deal with it. Speaking from 29 yrs. of experience.
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wouls say ask yourself;
    will you be happy to lose a friend if you dump her?
    Is it really hard to discuss things bothering you with her openly than keeping it yourself and getting in to negativity?

Friendhsip is the one last thru life if it is true. it takes years to build a good friendship and a min to break it all so I would say discuss with her. be open and be considered...she may be having some issue in her own life that she may not be sharing that reflects her behavior...else take a break from each other for a while and see how it goes...
    queenz786

Answer by queenz786 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Just limit your contact with her.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I feel your pain.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I do have a friend somewhat like that, we have been friends since 16 and were 25 now. Back then it was fun and ok to be immature and do stupid stuff but we both have children now and have major resposibilitys but she doesnt seem to see that. She lost custody of her son when her and her husband split due to him having an afair a little over a year ago and since then she has been jumping around state to state staying with random people she calls friends and same with boyfriends. She has not been working up untill recently and she says shes behind on child support but goes and gets her nails and feet done and ask me if I want to go out to eat every week, I dont understand that because my children come first. My life is basically the total opposite of hers now, my husband and I dated for 2 yrs befor getting married then got pregnant with our first child a yr later and we have now been married 6 yrs and have a second child. She on
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Cont... the or hand met a guy on line I believe or through friends and got pregnant right away and decided to get married after finding out because he was being deployed to Iraque at the time and she had no where to go. They never really knew eachother and I think allot of that is why they are now divorced besides him cheating. Now that being all said I love my best friend and only friend and I tell her the truth about everything. I dont tell her what she wants to hear, I tell her what she needs to hear and truth. She actually thanks me for telling her the what I think. I am very proud of her for the first time in a long time because she has inrolled into a school to get a degree so I have hope for her and prey that someday she will get custody of her son. Its hard explaining to my son who is the same age as hers why he has to go back home to his dadd in another state. She is and will always be my best friend no matter what.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011