When you are in a relationship, do you find yourself altering your likes and dislikes to fit your S.O.?

goodi2shooz

Asked by goodi2shooz at 7:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, I am myself and I expect him to be himself so we will love each other for who we truely are.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No ma'am, I do not. I feel that you shouldn't have to change who you are, to make someone else happy. If they want to be with you, they should accept you the way that you are! We all have bad habits, but if someone is worth it, they'll accept those too.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I used to when I was younger but now being more experienced I learned it's not a good habit to have because ur not being truthful to who u r and the relationship is basically based on lie.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was in a 14 yr controlling marriage...and after I got out of it, I had to remember what that I liked certain foods and certain places...because he had trained me so thoroughly...I basically had to get to know myself again...
    goodi2shooz

Comment by goodi2shooz (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No .. your taste may change a little just as your SO may change as well. It isnt changing who you are its adapting to what you are wanting to become with this person.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Absolutely not.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes and I'm just about fed up with me adjusting and him not doing a doggone thing to compromise! I may have to get rid of him...again! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 8:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It's fun to explore interests that you previously hadn't (because, how else do we ever grow and learn to like new things?), and as long as you are honest with him and yourself, I don't see a problem in it. I do it with friends, too.

Some of my exes have introduced me to new foods, new music, new sports (rugby league, anyone?), flying across the English Channel in a single-engine plane for the day.... I would never give up those experiences and still like many of the things that I hadn't liked before. OTOH, there were things I didn't like before and still don't (dance music)

It's fun to see someone get all excited about showing you something they love.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• For me, I think I've been opened up to new experiences. I don't really change me, just learn new things about myself.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• no way. my man loves me for who i am flaws and all. i love him just the same. i wouldn't want it any other way.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011