Any one ealse who can not go into labour ?

so i been pregnant 2 times now, and no matter how Meany sweeps or inductions i have had my cervix dose not open i do not go into labour . dr do not know why i got nice child baring hips and there seams to be no reasons but they never x rayed me or anything to find out . so i'm just a section now if i have another baby there not gona try anything just book my section

anyone else ?

tell me your story ?

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 7:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have three kids, I have never naturally gone in to labor. My body simply doesn't make the hormones it needs to start active labor. I start to dilate around 30 weeks, and the earliest I've ever had a child was 41.5 weeks. I've been induced all three times. If it weren't for induction, I wouldn't have lived through my first child, and neither would he.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wasn't progressing when I had my daughter. I only dilated to about 1.5 before they gave me my epi, and ended up having a c-section. My cervix never thinned out either.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My sisters mother in law was the same way. All of the hers, had to be c sections because she never dilated past .5cm.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I never dialated past 4. My 1st we went 21 hours, with him transverse, across the birth canal. His feet were in my stomach,and the top of his head pressed against my backbone,for all 21 hours! He was emergency c-section. My next 2 both were, also, because my doctor was old school,and cut me vertically instead of horizontally.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I hate to think this, but I'd be so scared. How did they help women who had that problem way back when .. before medical intervention was around?? Did the women's bodies eventually go into labor or did they pass away? I don't mean to say something negative.. I'm really curious now. As for me, I have not had any problems.. my labors have all been very quick and progressive.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my babies prob would have died and a few week later i would have died to due to infection it strange as my boys are perfect in every way and strong yet they would have died because i could not give birth.

feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• With my first pregnancy I had twin boys - I never had any contractions (strong enough to feel anyway) and when I was 3 days late they induced me - after 3 days of that I finally got to the point for them to break my water, that made the contractions stronger but they were still too far apart so I finally demanded a c-section after a total of 5 days trying to go into active labor and while I was in recovery the doctor came in and said I made the right choice because I have a narrow pelvic bone and wouldn't have been able to deliver them vaginally and one of my boys wasn't breathing when he was born; they told me it was likely I would have lost him, or both of them, if we had ever gotten to the point of trying to push them out. So all of my children have been born by c-section, and never once did I have any contractions with any of my pregnancies.

anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My Aunt had that. She was induced because she was two weeks over her due date and even after 36 hours of that she only got to 3cm.They finally gave her a c-section after she developed a fever and the baby almost died and in her second pregnancy the same thing happened. I think I heard my Mom say that she has an older cousin that they let her go 3 or 4 weeks(it was the 60's) over her due date and she had a stillbirth from the placenta getting to old.
    So not me personally (so far mine come early) but a few people in my family have had an issue with that.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• bdflykisses they did have some traditional methods for inducing and augmenting labor. I know for example some native tribes used the rattle of a rattlesnake in a similar way that doctors use pitocin because the compounds are similar. But yes most women who had this problem had the baby die and if she still wouldn't progress she died from infection.
    Sorry I'm a big history nerd.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I haven't heard of "not being able to go into labor."
    I don't think that is a real Medical Condition.
    I suppose it's more like impatience. ?
    If there are *other* complications like an infection that doesn't really relate to ability to labor--

You sound more like you might just have a VERY healthy body that works extra hard to fight the attempted force to induce because the baby & body aren't quite ready (yet).

Some women have to wait well past the average due period (after 42 weeks).
    Lost of us have to wait until 43, 44, 45 weeks or so . . .

Are you getting this far, too?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2011