Did you get migraines during your first trimester?

I had them with my first pregnancy and now i have already had two this time. I'm only 6 weeks. Anyway i was wondering if anyone had a safe suggestions for relief of the pain. Today i had a cup of coffee to get rid of the spots in my eyes (even thought i shouldn't have caffeine). But it did not get rid of any pain! please help or this will be a hard few months

melissanovak

Asked by melissanovak at 7:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No coffee =[ I got migraines after my pregnancy...go to your doctor, and see if there's anything the can prescribe while you're pregnant. Sorry hun!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I had them really bad in the third actually...my doc prescribed me tylenol #3...they have codeine. I tried not to take them, but it was either that or I don't function...tylenol sucks but that's really the only thing you can take...call your doc and ask him
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• ya it seems like tylenol doesnt do a darn thing! My worry is not being able to function with a two year old running around!
    melissanovak

Comment by melissanovak (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I had bad migraines during my 2nd trimester. They lasted for a short time but they were only bad here and there. Other than that I think I had a smooth pregnancy. Hope they get better for you and if they dont talk with your doctor and see what they can give you for them.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• All I could do was take Tylenol and hope for the best! My migraines were very off and on so I never bothered to ask about a safe prescription, but Im sure your doctor will try and find something to help you out!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Ugg yes, my doctor told me to take tylenol and drink plenty of water. But mine we not that bad, try lying down for a bit if you can put in a movie or something for the kids if you have too.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My doc perscribed Fioricet for my migraines its basicly Tylnol, caffeine, and a mild pain killer been on it for most of my pregnancy and it works great.
    dorsey3

Answer by dorsey3 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• also when they get really bad try an ice pack on your head if it's behind your eyes or a heating pad if its in your neck and shoulders.
    dorsey3

Answer by dorsey3 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011