Constipation? Early Labor? (TMI) adult content

I've been starting to have constipation issues this past week...maybe started the week before. I could go, but I had to try a couple of times before I could actually go. It wasn't bad and was more annoying than painful or anything. Then a few days after that, I went a lot..no more issues. Then I was fine. Well today I felt like I had to go but only liquid would come out really. It was pretty much the feeling of having to go once an hour, give or take 5 min. or so. I felt pain in my butt bone and pressure in the front. I'd stay in the bathroom each time for 5-10 min. When some liquid came out, I felt well enough to get up at least, and did pretty well until the next hour. This went on all day long. Walking helped me to feel better, so we did laps at the store. Finally this evening, I was able to actually go some and have not had that feeling since (it's been 2 hrs. since then).

So my question is...is this just regular constipation? Early labor? Or what? I've never had a day like this before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was constipated so bad during my third trimester that my SO had to use an enema on me twice. try a laxative to see if that helps.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• the hormone changes could cause the constipation, however before baby comes your body usually cleans it's bowels out so that it can focus on labor and baby etc. so this could be a really good sign. I think it's rare that someone has actual constipation immediately pending labor because of the reason I just mentioned. It's usually a good sign for a lot of moms if they have a huge bowel dump, loose bowels etc. maybe you are getting ready and the pressure of baby dropping could be what you are feeling as well! good luck girl!
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 8:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011