First and last names?

Does anyone else feel comfortable putting their child(ren)s first and last name on their page? I know for me I dont. I have seen it before and I would never divulge my girls last names on any site no matter what it is. I think that it would be an endangerment to my children. Anyone else feel the same, or has posted their child(ren)s last names on here?

dolphingoddess

Asked by dolphingoddess at 8:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• No. Only first and middle. I would never disclose their last name, and I probably won't post pictures either. There are too many creeps in the world. I'm sure there are still ways they could find out, but I'm not trying to make it any easier than it needs to be.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I do. I don't see the harm. I've run a search on my kids names and there are HUNDREDS of people in this country who share their names. Hell, read my username - it's MY first and last name - middle initial too... So what? It's not like the information isn't out there if someone wanted it. I've never understood the paranoia that comes with personal information and the internet - if you file a tax return with your families information on it - ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION is online for someone who wants it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• First and middle i have no problem posting. My last name and theirs isn't for anyone but the people i know in person.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I give first and middle. But I don't even tell people my last name on here. Now a dog forum I go on I've given that privately. But we do secret Santa, Christmas cards, and other types of gifts for those who have been on the forum for many years.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I never post last names, only first and middle names.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yeah I see first and middle I wouldnt mind doing that..or initials, but NEVER put their last name..thats just me though.
    dolphingoddess

Comment by dolphingoddess (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm fine posting my kids full names. Creeps can hack into your computer and find it if they really wanted too. It'd also be just as easy to copy and paste pictures you post and find out whose in the pictures and where they were sent too.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Well, on Facebook it shows my first and last name, and my kids have the same last name as my husband and me. My page is private though. Here on Cafemom, I won't post our last name or any pictures of them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yeah thats the same with my FB..everything is private on that and I only have family and people that I know on there. On here I have only mentioned my girls first names, but wouldnt mind their middle.
    dolphingoddess

Comment by dolphingoddess (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have no problem posting their full names
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011