Emotional Cheating Could you forgive??

Could you forgive your husband, fiance, SO if he was texting inappropriate things to a coworker??? If he never physically cheated but made sexual comments or ran to another woman with your relationship problems? What would you do? Forgive or leave?

Javionsmommy112

Asked by Javionsmommy112 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't LEAVE...but I'd be pissed as all hell. He should be discussing those problems with you, not another person, and definitely not another woman! Family, I can understand. Friends, depending on who. Is this coworker just a random female, or a friend?
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It all comes down to trust. I'm not sure I could trust my husband if he ever did that. It's lying, plain and simple. I need to feel that emotional connection to my dh and if he isn't feeling the same way, why draw it out??
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If it was a coworker than yes I would leave. My DH spends way too much time at work (he has to) for me to trust him if he's having an emotional affair with someone he works with. I couldn't forgive it. How would you know that he wouldn't have a physical affair with that person since he's obviously been entertaining the thought and so has she?
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It's not that black and white unfortunately. I had a similar situation happen and it took me years to forgive and trust that person again. Was it worth it? Absolutely. We went thru a lot of very dark roads and we weren't sure we were gonna make it but I accepted the fact that he was human and mistakes happen and I eventually forgave. But if it happens again forgiveness is not an option, only divorce will be.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Fiance, no. Husband-I'd definately try to make it work. I'd hope he'd be willing to go to counseling and work on our marriage.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• they became friends, she would come over to our house with her hubby and girls we would go over to their house but then they took friendship to sexual jokes asking if thought eachother attractive etc
    Javionsmommy112

Comment by Javionsmommy112 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• the decision would depend largely on our history and his track record with me. IT sounds as if , however, if he's making sexual comments (plural) that he would have made it much more than just an emotional given the chance...and based on that he'd be treading on seriously thin ice and under close scrutiny and would have to prove himself in a big way for a long time. if it wer me.
    ilovemyliam

Answer by ilovemyliam at 8:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think there is a good chance that I would leave. I say that because I wouldn't be in a relationship with a person who would do that. Therefore, if my partner did do that, I either didn't take the time to really get to know their nature, or they were deceitful from the beginning.
    MathairMeg

Answer by MathairMeg at 8:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I really don't think I would care. I only care if there is lying involved.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i wouldn't leave unless he continued to do that. i'd be extremely pissed and hurt if he ran to someone else with our problems. i would try to resolve our problems.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011