Has this ever happened before to anyone?

So my water broke at home around 5 this evening, so i went into the hospital and they agreed that my water had broken but because i had not started to dialate and my contractions were staying at 15 min. Apart they sent me home. Is this normal?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 8:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes it is normal. good luck!!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• mine never broke on its own.. But heres a bump
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• yes, but you'll be back. Leave your bag in the car.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• they should have induced you. My water broke and I wasn't even contracting much. They induced me. Mind you I was already scheduled to be induced later that day sine I was 8 days overdue.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Not personally by my friend had that happen and they let her go a week before inducing her. Was a LOOOONG week for sure! Good luck to you!!
    mommymeg2002

Answer by mommymeg2002 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Oh, wow. I thought that if your water breaks they would induce and keep you. I didn't think they sent women back home after that.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Hospitals can be such a pain about stuff like that! I went to the hospital in labor contracting 5-10 minutes apart. They checked me and said I was fine, to go home, and only came back if my contractions were 2 minutes apart or my water broke. I refused to leave and told them the contractions would be coming closer together in the next 30 minutes. They fought with me about it the whole 30 minutes until one of the nurses finally made me a deal. She said she would check me and if I was less than 3 cm I would have to leave, if not I could stay. Just before she checked me my contractions jumped to 3 minutes apart and I was dilated to 4cm! So in my opinion yes it is normal. I would go home walk around for a few hours to really kick start the contractions and once they get going good and strong go back in. GL!!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Mine broke 2 days before my due date, and my contractions were so bad that they kept me. But I have heard of this happening; the "water bag" reseals itself. Good luck, you're close!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It is normal to not labor / deliver immediately.
    But not normal to check the cervix with a rupture. This is a big no-no.

I encourage you work on boosting your immune system and stay hydrated.

Water breaking does not = labor, if you and baby are well (and not in labor) wait until contractions are frequent and go in to deliver.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• They "should" not induce you if you & baby are fine.

It's safest to avoid unnecessary interventions (unnecessary risks) of course.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011