Has anyone

has anyone had natural child birth with twins?

millertwins11

Asked by millertwins11 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I haven't, but I do know that it is possible.
    MathairMeg

Answer by MathairMeg at 8:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I don't know anyone who has personally, but I used to go to this site that promoted natural childbirth (twins or not) and they had all sorts of stories from mothers who gave birth to twins vaginally. I was trying for a VBAC my second time around and this site also very heavily promoted that. Reading some of their stories was really inspirational for me and made me feel like I could do anything I wanted to! i will see if I can find that website for you and try to post a link!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Most twins in the world (today and throughout history) are (were) born naturally.

I have only had singlettes.
    But my midwives attend twins, naturally, as do many!
    :-)

Would you like help?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Are you looking for someone here, at Cafemom, to answer "Yes, I have birthed twins naturally" or are you asking if anyone ever has done it, period?

Yes, twins have been born naturally. And I gave birth to twins who are now 2 1/2 years old, and I did birth them naturally.

I don't know what site Missalissa86 (answer #2) was thinking of but I know the discussion forums at Mothering.com have a multiples forum and the mamas there are very supportive of natural childbirth for twins, and have great track records. Plus lots of informed support for a healthy twin pregnancy, minimizing complications, etc. While I was pregnant, someone there compiled a twin birth video with photos and stats from all the success stories with lots of vaginal births, non-medicated, big healthy babies, etc.

My boys were not huge (basically, two average sized babies) but went to term (born 5 days before their due date) and weighed 7 lbs and 8 lbs
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2011