Are things better for you?

Now that Obama has been president for these last few years, are things better for you? Are you still struggling?

I know things are not any better for me and my family with gas up, goceries higher, utilities raised, and property taxes up. Not to mention necessities which are taking a big jump now.

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We are better, but the overall economy is NOT. I do feel sorry for the young, educated among us- What can be done cheaper outside the country will be. You can not support yourself independently on a $10/hour job.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Things are better for us...in spite of Obama's disastrous presidency. We are better off because of our own hard work, responsible decisions and the grace of God.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Gas is at a 3 year HIGH.... Wages are lower..... Prices of Grocery, Goods, Services, etc are higher..... Obama ROCKS... ::sarcasm::

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nothing's gotten better here. We live in constant worry that DH won't get his Army paychecks, but that he'll be shipped out at a moment's notice. He was supposed to have a job when he got home, but that fell thru, and now we're gonna be screwed cuz EVERYWHERE is hiring but neither of us get callbacks (I'm looking for a new job). Gas prices are thru the roof ($3.71 yesterday). We "make too much" for food stamps, but can barely pay the bills and buy food. I voted for Obama, and I regret more and more each day. I hear Trump is running next year...he's got my vote.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Things haven't gotten better for us, but we are feeling the effects of inflation. I am not worried about our money situation right now. We have an emergency fund if necessary, but would absolutely hate to have to dig into it for any reason. We will just end up cutting back elsewhere when push comes to shove. It's what normal families do, and it is what we should expect our government to do with the money we provide via taxation.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Not struggling. things are better, way better. Due to our own wisdom, and reliance on God instead of man. It wouldn't matter who was in office really.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We were financially stable before, we still are. We've been fortunate not to be directly impacted by the economy.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• not better at all!! Gas is out of control and food is too high... these two things are hurting us BIGTIME!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Things are worse for us. Hubby had a paycut, we had to pay in to the IRS for the last 2 years, food and gas prices are up. And Obama's answer to high gas prices is buy a hybrid. Yeah, not going to happen unless they are free.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Well, I am thinking of quitting my job because gas prices piss me off.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011