Difficut SO with 10 days to go

So the day I called to tell him i was prego he immediately pulls the "its not mine" card. Ok, maybe hes scared? I let it go for a while. Time goes on, he wants a paternity test. UGH! After I made it pretty clear that would NOT happen he stopped asking about it. Now with 10 days to go until the c-section he still doesnt think this kid is his, wont help with the names but yet hates all the names I've picked. He doesnt want to be in the OR when the baby is "born" but yet holds it over me that my mom wants to be there. I am so confused as to how to feel about this. I dont want to ditch him but it seems he has no interest in being a parent. Any suggestions?

mommymeg2002

Asked by mommymeg2002 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell him he needs to make up his mind or leave, if he doesn't want anything to do with it and dosen't think its his then he has no say in the name or who gets to be there when its born. Tell him he needs step up and, if your positive he's the dad, take care of you and the kid or he can leave.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Uh, I'd give him the boot. I'm sorry, but that is absolutel bullshit. I wouldn't have dealt with it this long.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• leave his ass. he hasn't been around during your pregnancy. he denies being the father. he doesn't deserve to be in your child's life.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• why decline a paternity test. If he wants to look like an ass when it comes back as his kid then let him. I would just ditch him though. He is being a jerk.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't put up with it either.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• wow through ur whole pregnancy.....wow. you need to leave
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

minki111

• My man did kinda the same. He claimed it wasn't his until I paid 1200 for a prenatal paternity test. (I had just broken up with my ex when we got together so the dates were kinds fuzzy) I always knew the baby was his but he insisted otherwise. When the test result came out there was no denying it. He was still a little distant but once our little Anthony was born he changed. I couldn't ask for a better dad for our son. Some men have a hard time accepting baby because it doesn't seem real. They don't have the experience of carrying a baby and feeling them move inside you. Once they can hold them then it becomes real and they become a father. He should come around once he sees the baby in person, if not then dump him. He didn't want any part in naming him either. he didn't want me naming him after him(Kevin Anthony) but let me use his middle name. He's such a great father now. Hope he comes around for you two.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He even insisted I have an abortion but I wouldn't and now were a happy family.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He thinks I may have messed arround on him when he went back to WI on buisnes when this all happened but I didnt. I admit I havent been 100% faithful about 4 years ago but that was FOUR YEARS AGO! He has contributed zero to this pregnancy, he did go to the 2 ultrasounds but thats it, no doc apointments, didnt even go to meet the surgeon. We are no longer living together but for some reason I just cant seem to get myself to leave him for good.
    mommymeg2002

Comment by mommymeg2002 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2011