Spoiled at 6 months?

My 6 month old son seems to be spoiled. The last couple weeks he cries constantly unless he is being held! ( At least it seems that way) Is this normal? I don't remember my oldest being that way.

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put him in the playpen and continue talking to him. He will eventually realize crying won't get him everything he wants, but you still love him and are around. I worked from home with my youngest and I just moved her around in the playpen. I always chatted or sang and she just sat and played. My older one followed me from room to room as well. As long as they know you are there, they usually are okay.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 11:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• That's pretty normal. My son was the same way and outgrew it. I'm not sure a baby that young can be spoiled.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thank goodness! My husband keeps giving me a ration of you know what for "spoiling" our son on being held!
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My husband did too and I ignored him, lol. Sure enough, it was a phase. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He is only 6 months def. not spoiled. Remember babies are in the womb for 9 months so its warm and soothing to them plus the sound of your heartbeat makes them feel secure its completely normal.
    Kaleena8108

Answer by Kaleena8108 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• no hes not spoiled. my daughters 6 months and shes the same way. babies get bored too. if their in your arms they see new things constantly. when i hold my daughter i walk around a lot
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• At 6 months old most babies are somewhere in the teething stage, plus it seems that a LOT of babies get their first cold right around the 6 month mark. So, he may be wanting to be held for comfort, and not just because. A 6 month old cannot be spoiled - relish the time while you have it, they grow up way too quickly and then don't want to be held anymore!
    Anonymous

• Oh I know! As soon as my other son hit 1 yr I started to have baby withdrawals! Thank god I was already pregnant! I would have been all kinds of depressed!
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my daughter is 7 months, and she will cry if i sit her down, she always wants to be with me. so maybe...
    BryliesMommy.

Answer by BryliesMommy. at 1:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• LOL my little guy hasnt done that yet so I guess we shall see
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2011