Have you ever considered "permanent makeup"?

It's actually having your makeup tattooed on.

I've seen it done, pretty nicely, for: brows, lips, and eyeliner.

makeup

Have you ever thought about trying it, or know someone who had it done?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 9:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i want to do it when i can
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I could never do it. I've heard too many horror stories. A woman I knew causally had a procedure done for the permanent eyeliner thing. Something went wrong and permanent damage was done to her eyes. I won't go into detail, but the whole affair was horrible. I don't know whether that sort of thing is common. I'm sure there are many people who have had it done very nicely with no complications at all, but I'd rather just do my make up than run the risk.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I've thought about it, but I keep thinking what if they mess it up? It won't be so easy to remove!
    I know a girl who did it about ten years ago. She did her lipstick, which I thought was horrible. It was one color for the rest of her life.
    I have a Asian friend who has brows and eyeliner done, which is what I would do. She says she needs to get her brows redone every 5 years or so though, and for the eyeliner they give you a needle in your eye to freeze it.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 9:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have thick dark brows and naturally Darker red lips, so permanent makeup there would not work for me. I thought about eyeliner, but my personal taste in makeup styles change often, so I am sure I would eventually end up hating it. I knew a woman who had her eyebrows done. Personally I thought it looked horrible, very unnatural.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 9:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would seriously consider eyeliner, but would get it pretty lightly done. I have red hair and look completely washed out with no makeup on, so a little liner would be nice. But I would not get my eyebrows or lips done.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my mom has it done, it looks really nice. Very natural and no harsh lines. I wouldn't do it myself because I'm a chicken and because I enjoy the no make up look and feel a few timew a week.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes, I am considering it very soon.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't do it, but then again, I choose not to wear make-up a lot of days. I knew one lady who had eyeliner done and they did it HORRIBLY. She looked like a football player. It ended up being way too thick on the bottom, and way below where it was supposed to be.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have my top eyeliner done, I like it, it hurt a little but I'm glad I didi it
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would like to do it sometime soon I have lots of tattoos but I have to wait
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 11:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011