NEED TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT...HELP!!!

I have had 3 kids and I am done. My tubes are tied and I am ready to lose this weight I have gained over the years. BUT.... I can't!!!! I work a lot and its not a desk job. I am on my feet walking all day. I am not a big eater but I love to munch. Any advice ladies on how I can start sheading these pounds???

khyleighsmama

Asked by khyleighsmama at 9:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've been taking OxyElite pro. It gives me crazy energy, curbs my appetite and keeps me motivated in the gym. Get a workout buddy to keep you motivated. Drink plenty of water and try watching what you eat. If exercise isn't your thing then try cutting back calories. Hope this helps!
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If your not ready for exercise (of the gym type) i gave up pop, snacking (except a piece of fruit) and started walking (a real walk not work walk) and started playing wii with the kids. Down 10 lbs so far - oh yes portion control. I could down 2 bugers AND a hot dog AND all the trimmings last summer......I hope I can avoid all that this year
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Apples and pears are easy to munch and are good for abdomen reduction, according to QueenieAbby who gives sample menus in the New to Weight Loss section here on CafeMom.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 11:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Give up ALL sweets, coffee included. Eat 5 small snack sized meals a day. Lots of veggies, protein, nuts. Go on an hour walk after dinner every night, get enough sleep... and always drink LOTS of water :) If you can fit it into your schedual, go to the gym, or just do simple workouts at home that you can find on the internet. You will be amazed at the results you can get from eating healthy and walking.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Don't munch! Eat three meals a day. Your biggest meal should be in the morning. You can have a healthy snack aroung 3pm. Make sure you eat protein in each meal.
    emarin77

Answer by emarin77 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Just use common sense when you eat. If you're dining out don't eat EVERYTHING on your plate, especially if you are going to want a dessert. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! That just makes your body store fat more. Try walking EVERYWHERE! if you forgot a couple of thing at the grocery store and it's a walking distance then go for it. Another trick I was taught is drink COLD WATER, your body has to warm it up and thats burns calories not alot , but every little bit helps. So before any dining out meal drink that cold glass of water the waitress brings you, all of it. Try not ordering an appetizer as well. Or if you do order just order one. Another tip, is just eat till you're satisfied, not stuffed or full. But content... hope that helps!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Don't try to do this alone! Find a friend to join you. If you don't have someone ready for this journey, check out WannaBuddy.com, a site that connects locals who share a passion for healthy living. You can find a diet buddy at WannaBuddy.com.
    AnnaF9000

Answer by AnnaF9000 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sometimes gum helps munchers, as does drinking a lot more water than normal :)
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011