Pacifer

When did you break your little one from it and how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was extremely lucky in that my son decided at 6 months that he wanted nothing to do with it anymore. One night he pushed it away and wouldn't take it. Fine by me. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wasn't able to successfully do it until DD was 3. It ended up getting "lost" in a move
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I didn't I let her deide on her own, she was almost three, she had been leaving her pacifiers where the dog could get to them and chew them up I told her that the next one I found chewed up would be the last one I bought. She was only using it to self soothe when she didn't feel well or when she was tired and had left it where the dog could get it one afternoon when we went out. Got home and it was destroyed, she picked it up took it to the garabage and tossed it in...no more pacifier.
    CoeyG

Answer by CoeyG at 9:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My daughter was 14 months old I hated the fact that she would never let that binky go so what I tried doing was putting anbesol no success so I burned it, again no success she didnt care finally I gave up and said she didnt need it and threw it out dealt with the crying for 4 days but she got over it and found a blanket to soothe her. 5 months later I found another one of her pacifiers, I washed it and tested her she spit it out and said binky baby pointing to her baby dolls mouth. So just get rid of it girl whats the worst thing they can do CRY believe me they will get over it and find something else to soothe them. You just have to deal with the crying and plus its for the better anyway. Think about those pretty teeth not being so pretty because of a stinkin binky lol.
    Kaleena8108

Answer by Kaleena8108 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• The night before each of my children turned one we put them to bed, scooped up all the pacifiers and tossed them in the garbage. It was harder for us parents than our kids for a few days, but we all got over it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I didn't mine gave them up on their own-- and all 3 gave them up before they turned 2.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i took it away when my oldest daughter was 3 & had too take i away whe my 2nd daughter was two at the time.. my 3rd & 4th wouldnt take one & i wish i would have done it with my first two.. its a bad habbit & hard to break
    masonbunch

Answer by masonbunch at 12:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I took it away when he was 13 months. He cried for it for days and it made me so sad but I was worried about his little teeth that were coming in so I knew I had to take it away.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My daughter was 2. We gradually did it by only allowing her to have it at nap time and nights. About a month or so before her 2nd birthday I would try and distract her with something else during naps and nights. Sometimes i was able to hide it and she did not need it sometimes I had to give it to her. A week before her 2nd birthday I told her what a big girl she was and she would not need it anymore. On her birthday I took it away and no tears. so the gradual worked for us.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My son is 7 months old and he is doing great so far with not needing the paci anymore so I hope that we make it
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2011