What did you crave while pregnant? Any foods you didn't like?

For me, it was orange juice, watermelon, and tomatoes. Oh...and hot and sour soup. Oh, and cheese and crackers. And thai food and grapes.

Can you tell I was eating the entire pregnancy?

At one point, when we had been to three different restaurants in one night to get take-out because I wanted one small thing from each, my husband was like, "Ok, enough. This is going to have to calm down.", lol! There was also the time we went to the grocery store to get watermelon three times in one day because I insisted on getting the pre-cut packages and ate it all and still wanted more.

I couldn't see or hear about ANYTHING without wanting it. The day I gave birth, it went away immediately. Isn't it crazy what our bodies are like during pregnancy? I always thought women were exaggerating over the cravings. Boy, did I eat my words (pun intended) on that one, lol!

As for things I didn't want...steak seemed gross to me the entire time, as well as a lot of meats. And amazingly, ice cream had no appeal. But I still wanted the pickles! I remember once sneaking a cup of pickle juice past my husband and drinking it bc I knew he'd think it was disgusting, haha!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I craved hot ham and cheese sandwiches from Hardess ONLY HARDEES would do! But had to have McDonalds fries to go with it. and SNICKER BARS....oh the healthy side strawberries and tomatoes. Prior to pregnancy if tomatoes were on something ok but I never choose to put on one if not NOR did I ever think to just EAT one! But oh I ate em like an apple!

I hated and would gag at the THOUGHT of bologna (which i had liked before - still don't care for it too much) If I caught a whiff, oh man wheres your bathroom.

Now HE hates hot ham and cheese, tomatoes are gross.....but he will put 3 slices of bologna on bread (no condiments added) and go. UGH
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• at the start it was tomatoes on anything or even just alone, the last few weeks all i wanted was chocolate and pepsi, i don't even like pepsi, but thats all i wanted. i used to love shellfish and coffee, couldn't even look at them during my pregnancy.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 9:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I ended up craving all sorts of things that I didn't like before i got pregnant. None of it was oddd though (like dirt or pickles on ice cream). I craved tomatos, refried beans, pork, shrimp and lots of other things. The only one I ended up truly still not liking was shrimp.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• pickles and beef jerky, i hate both lol also yougurt, flan and a lot of fruit
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• With my first son I craved anything and everything in sight. If I could safely eat it, I wanted it! Especially salads, cheese, Subway, Chipotle, and Hummus. I loved pickles before getting pregnant but while pregnant with him I couldn't even stand to smell them! With my second son I wanted ice chips from Sonic ALL THE TIME! I used to think my sister was crazy for eating so much ice but man that was the best stuff in the world! A few hours after I had him I tried to eat a cup of ice and found it had no appeal whatsoever. Ice hasn't tasted the same since :( It's funny how all that stuff works.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wanted Gyros, Mexican food, and Guacamole. But those cream Jello mold things you get in the grocery store? They made me SICK!!! To this day I CANT even look at them. My stomach turns when I see those rainbow cream Jello molds or even the container it comes in.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Ice cream and mayo (NOT together). Strawberry shortcakes or banana splits from DQ.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• With my first pregnancy i craved alot of sweets and fruit and carrots and ranch i couldnt eat mini wheates and i loved them before getting pregnant nothing really crazy or weird .and now im pregnant with my second i crave alot of sour and spicy stuff i love eating pickles and hot cheetos together and mexican food and chinese food and pizza i could eat that everyday if i wanted to lol im not really craving anything weird or crazy either with this pregnancy oh i cant eat sweets for nothing i can eat fruit but not like cookies or cake or anything sweet like ice cream and i cant eat oatmeal anymore i cant stand it before i got pregnant i loved oatmeal i know im not eating very healthy but im not even showing for 17 weeks and 1 day :-/
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• PINEAPPLE!!!! but it has to be the the canned cut up stuff in its own juice haha...idk but man that stuff is great any time
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes, when I was pregnant with my daughter, she turned me against mexican food. Of course I craved pickles and Hardee's roast beef sandwiches.

With my second child, I craved subs and ate pickles. Not to mention the Dole Orange-Pineapple juice and Reese's. I don't remember being turned against anything with him,.

With my third child, I craved McDonalds and Chick-Fil-A's salads with grilled chicken and olives. I couldn't stand the smell of bacon cooking. I really thought that was weird. I always like bacon.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2011