Ok tomorrow is the big day I am getting induced at 4:30pm I'm wondering if there is anything I should know before I go in. What is a good meal to eat?Should I eat right before?When should I go to sleep tonight?thoughts please!

1st baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure, as I've never been induced, but I just wanted to say good luck and congrats on your soon arriving baby! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Congratulations! I would go to sleep at whatever time you normally do..or a little earlier if you go to bed late. You will want to get plenty of rest because tonight and tomorrow before you get induced will be the last time for a while that you will get any peaceful sleep. I would eat whatever your favorite meal is, but not too close to when you get induced. I bet you are so excited and nerveous. I was induced with my first baby, but not planned..i had preeclampsia and was induced at 37weeks. And i was induced with my 4th baby due to medical reasons. Good Luck and dont listen to all the horror stories about how bad it is to be induced...it wasnt for me anyway. I had 2 of mine without being induced and the pain wasnt any worse when i was induced than when i wasnt.
    Anonymous

• My ob gyn told me not to eat at all that day. I was starving by the time I was done being induced and could've ate a dinosaur.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Eat a normal meal tonight, but go easy on anything else - don't eat a huge meal right before you do in, but have something with protein and fiber, for energy. Go to bed whenever you want - IF you can sleep!
    Anonymous

• I ate right up to the time thy decide I may have to have c-section. Even when being induce labor may take all day if not longer, personally I would eat a good breakfast incase they decide not to let you eat at the hospital unless you where told otherwise you will need your strength.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• All those answers sound great. I would just try to avoid anything greasy or gassy. You would hate to have gas pains or diahrrea on top of labor pains. Try to go to bed a little early tonight and get as much rest as you can. I know it will be hard to do but this is the last night of rest you will get for a while. I always thought that having to be up with a baby couldn't be much worse than being kept up from being large and uncomfortable but that was not the case. At least when I was pregnant, asleep or not, I could continue laying in bed and at least relaxing. Once the baby comes that option is out the door and the in and out of bed with the baby all night is far more exhausting than any pregnancy symptom! GL tomorrow!!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was induced too best advice eat whatever you want however much you want the night before but after 7:30 call it quits dont eat anything else just drink plenty of water and stay hydrated DO NOT eat anything after you get induced believe you will be pooping thats the reason why they say not to eat anything during. Good Luck.
    Kaleena8108

Answer by Kaleena8108 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was induced earlier this year with my first baby as well. Congratulations by the way!!! The hospital told me to eat anything I wanted and make sure I shower just before I leave the house; you NEVER know when you will get the oppourtunity again. I did eat before but, I didn't eat again until 17 hours later so needless to say, I was STARVED. Try something with protien like a turkey sandwich, that's what the hospital gave me just before they started. It could take up to 24 hours for your baby to come and once they start the induction, you won't be able to eat. Try to rest as much as you can before hand, it can be exhaustive. Although, knowing your baby is coming has got to be making it hard to sleep, anxiety. Other than that, there's not much more to it but, enjoy your new bundle's arrival!
    Aubreysmommy45

Answer by Aubreysmommy45 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• What method are they using to induce you? That can make a big difference. Some methods will mean you have to stay there, some they'll do and send you home to see if anything happens. My last baby was induced usin prostgladin gel so after an hour of monitoring I was able to come home for the day, I ate as I normally would. Don't go overboard eating, but don't fast either, you'll need energy to get through labour and delivery. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2011