Anyone have Windows 7?

On two different computers I've gotten this weird "Windows 7 Virus protection scan" in my browser. I shut down before it completely downloads, and I have checked with my virus scan, but it's weird. All I've done is go and google images and I've never had this problem and less than two days I get the same thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Technology

• Stop using The e for internet download mozilla firefox and use that instead the e sucks and has alot of pop ups and viruses.
    Kaleena8108

Answer by Kaleena8108 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• that happens to me too, i think its a virus picture or some crap, it happens when i click on pictures as well.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I've gotten the same thing twice today, I really think it may be coming from CM. I had to remove it with McAfee.
    Anonymous

• I am using Firefox on both computers. Lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes, I do and I just got a Malware Virus from a "warning" from the Windows protection. Took my friend 2 weeks to fix the issue.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It has nothing to do with Win7 itself.  Someone has embedded these viruses inside the image files (called Trojans - think "Trojan Horse") and you just happen to have the rotten luck of coming across them frequently.  There's an ad-on for FF called Web Of Trust (WOT) that you can install which will put a colored circle next to search results and similar web links which will indicate the level of risk based on the reviews of a huge user base.  Give it a shot and see if that helps you avoid running into this problem again. happy

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox and search for Web of Trust.  It will be the first result.

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 1:17 AM on May. 21, 2011