18 month old complaining of back ache?

Why would this be? She has had a cold for a few days and is getting over that. SHe really doesn't have any other symptoms though. She's not crying about it or anything...just every once in a while she will grab her lower back and say "hurt"

cpuckett27

Asked by cpuckett27 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Awwww, poor thing. :( I'm not sure. It could be kidney pain, but it's not very likely. I'd call her doctor, if it were me. Hope she's okay!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• The cold could have settled into her back. Does your insurance have a nurse line that you can call and ask for advice? That is an option, otherwise give a dose of Tylenol or Advil and call the doctor on Monday.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I called the doctor and whoever it was that answered the phone seemed totally unconcerned and told me to just watch for other symptoms. I thought she may be a little dehydrated so I am trying to get her to drink a lot of water...cutting out juice for now and just sticking to milk or water. I always think the worst when she has anything abnormal happen to her!
    cpuckett27

Comment by cpuckett27 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Don't take it lightly it could be nothing but it doesn't hurt to take her to the doctor. On the other hand as anyone do that around her? My kids would mark their grandmother all the time. For some reason they pick up on the negative before the positive.
    BillieHolidae

Answer by BillieHolidae at 10:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It very well could be a kidney infection. I know from my own experience. I complained to my mom (when i was 3) that my back hurt, and about 1 week later i developed a kidney infection which was caused by kidney/bladder reflux. I would get a it checked out soon, i am almost lost my life. So just watch her over night and through the weekend, but go to the dr in the morning to rule that out.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Ive never heard of that in someone so tiny. Id take her to the doc and just have them check it out. Never know. I wouldnt think kidney stones so young, but when I had them it started in my back.
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 10:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Did she fall? Is she imitating someone else?
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It ended up being a uti :( A round of anti biotics and she seems to be feeling all better
    cpuckett27

Comment by cpuckett27 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2011