Terrible twos at one?

My little girl is just barely one and is suddenly having to be held by us all the time. Its like extreme separation anxiety because we can be on the floor next to her and she will still cry. We pick her up and she just throws herself around like she wants down and we put her down and the cycle starts again. She wont play with her toys and she has a lot she has to get in the cupboards (which have child locks) and because she can't get in she just pulls and shakes the cupboard throwing a fit. Is she just bored? Will new toys help? Am I not giving her enough attention? How do I make it stop? Shes always been so self sufficient and happy now she just acts like she needs a nap even when she just woke up. Is it just a phase? Help!

Jechira

Asked by Jechira at 11:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son will be 1 on December 23rd and I have an idea of what you are going through. For about a week my husband and I thought what had we gotten ourselves into!?!?! LOL I think they just go through different stages and infortunately she is not going through the best one. Maybe she isn't feeling well or maybe she is bored? There have been days where I feel like maybe I need to do more or take him different places..etc etc. Don't stress just know that you are doing the best you can and are looking for ways to help things get better. This doesn't really "answer" ur question, but at least you know you're not alone:) Good luck
    bamsmama23

Answer by bamsmama23 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2008