Whats a good soap or hair care product for oily hair??

bizima4

Asked by bizima4 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I've found that shampoos with tea tree oil, or even adding some to the shampoo, cuts down the oil. It also smells good! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• One huge thing...Do not use conditioner is your hair is oily. Instead you can put a dime size in your palm, and only apply to the ends. Also, any shampoo is fine. Just dont get anything that is made for dry hair, because that will just put a lot of moisture in it. And stay away from garnier...there products have heave conditioners in them. I dont have oily hair, my hair is thick and curly. However, I do know you would have to go complete opposite of what I do. And washing your hair every other day if you can.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I used to have problems with oily hair and I used shampoos made for oily hair. I stopped using that and switched to shampoo for normal hair and my hair stopped being oily. I also suggested it to my SIL who had oily hair problems and it worked for her as well. Give it a try and see if that helps.

Herbal Essence is good. Suave Professionals is also good.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• TRESemme Deep Cleansing with Vitamin C for all hair types cuts through oil the most effectively of all the shampoos I have used for my own normal to oily hair.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 10:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thanks guys, I didnt have this problem till I started straightening my hair everyday..I guess thats what I get. Just seems odd that it's oily instead of dry

bizima4

Comment by bizima4 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011