Would you write in a complaint about this?

Ok, I'm really not one to complain often about service. I usually just let it go, but I'm considering contacting the manager or owner of this establishment. We went out with my parents earlier for ice cream. My mom got a banana split and the pineapple was absolutely fermented. It smelled and tasted like straight alcohol. She took it back to the counter and politely asked for another one without pineapple and informed them that the pineapple was bad. They took the other one back and charged her for another one. She ended up paying $12 for a banana split. It's not about the money, but the principle. Then, I watched and they never threw out the bad pineapple. Do you think this warrants a complaint?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would most definitely complain! It's not her fault that the pineapples were bad and any good place would make her another one for free. Some places would go as far as getting her a coupon for another free one next time. That's just horrible and YES, complain to the manager or owner!!!!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yep, I would complain. About both..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would most definitely complain.!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 10:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Oh Yea!!! Complain and Call the health department and suggest a health inspection. Thats just UNCALLED for! And pretty damn gross!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Absolutely warrants a complaint.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• yess i would complain....health department as well..there just is to provide you with the best customer service and apparently there not doing so..so yes i would and i dont think its going to far..
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• YES OF COURSE.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 10:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It not only warrants a complaint to the manager and /or owner. I would call the health department as well.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes, that's definitely complaint worthy.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think it is about the pineapples AND the money! I am sure it was some young kids who didn't know better!

When have you EVER had a problem and paid again.

Please let us know the outcome.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011