What were you doing when you heard the news of 911

I was getting my now older children ready for school

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I was in my apartment . . still sleeping. I got a phone call from my sister, "The twin towers have been bombed. We can't get a hold of Dad!" She was crying and I turned on the news. My heart sank. My Dad got off a twin towers station for work. I tried his cell . .. nothing. We waited all day . . no word. We didn't know what to do . . . but watch the news for word. At about 4:30 PM, I got a call, "Hi, it's Dad. I'm okay, but we are sheletered inside. It is not safe for us to leave because there is so much rioting." He was head of his department, and had to take charge his employees to keep them safe.

i cried and cried, this time . . . of relief. THANK GOD! THANK GOD!

I had graduate school class that night. I was pissed because they didn't cancel class and everyone was laughing and joking . . .it hadn't affected them. This world is so cold, I thought . . .disgusted.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was in second period study hall. I'll never forget that day.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was in Germany at the time and it was afternoon. I was doing laundry in the dorms, and no one really reacted until the second plane hit. Then we knew this was something to worry about.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i was watching my cousins kids and it broke thru their cartoons i had them go play in the playroom and i stood there and cried
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was driving to work and thought it was the radio announcer playing a prank. Got to work and heard people talking. Didn't pay much attention as I still thought it wasn't real, until I hear the 2nd plan hit the tower. People started crying and then I realized it was real. Such a sad day.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 10:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Just coming back from bringing my son to school. I yelled to my dad and he said, it was probably an accident and then I yelled that the second tower was hit and he said, "That is no accident." I called my sons school and made sure they knew and had safety measures in place. They did and did an amazing job of explaining things to the kids in terms they would understand.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Getting ready to close the clinic for the day. I was stationed overseas so it was after 3 pm for us.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was in CA at my DD and she, her husband and son went out for breakfast. She called and told me to turn on the TV. They came home and we were glued to the TV all day. She didn't want me to fly home the next week but the skies were safer than ever then. Such a horrible time in our history.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Was getting ready to go to work.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was getting ready to go pick up the papers for my paper route.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011