Inexpensive Wedding Plans...

Hi Ladies! So my husband and I are planning our wedding.... (we got married by the clerk of the court and bought a house instead of getting married-now we are having an official wedding for the sentiment and for the family)
We have looked everywhere we can think of that would be inexpensive to have a reception. We were pretty set on our county fairgrounds at Kirk Hall. The issue is that we have to be out my midnight. I certainly do not want a time limit...or at least not one that ends right as everyone is starting to have a lot of fun. I could really use your help coming up with a place to have a reception that wouldnt cost an arm and a leg..and that has a more reasonable "boot out" time. I got a wedding location magazine and went through all 250 places and every last one is outrageous, mostly because it is mandatory you use one of their caterers. We are absolutely not using a caterer unless we can serve 100 people for $200 or less..yeah, not happening. So it has to be a place you can serve your ouwn food. Thanks!!

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 11:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• NOt sure where you live and wish I had my wedding chapel plan in motion. We had a small wedding with 14 people and we rented a cabin. I know of ones in my area that hold up to 25, so check and see if there is anything like that. Cost for the nights rental was $250. Most people only stayed until 10 pm. Ceremony was suppose to be held at a gazebo nearby but it rained. Ended up with doing it in front of the beautiful fireplace. We did eat dinner at a nearby place, but we could of easily had done it in the cabin. I also know of a person who rented a field on a farm and had a huge tent installed for 100 people. Had to bring in those portyopotties but everyone had a great time and it wasn't that expenses. Hope you find a way to do it and have good memories. Best of luck!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 11:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I don't know where you are but in my city you mostly all the county parks have pavilions and you can rent them per hour. You can try that.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Hmmm...a cabin is a great idea! I live in Colorado so we have several of those in the mountains!
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I can honestly tell you that if you have a reception that is longer than 4 hours you and your husband will be the only ones left. I went to my cousins wedding a week ago and they had a 6 hour reception. It was nice with an open bar, but after 2 hours half the guests were already gone and by 3 hours they were down the less than a 1/4 of their guests left. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I went to my friends wedding last June and mostly everyone was still up and partying at 8 am! The party started at 5 the previous day!
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011