LH surge for 3 days??? PIC INCLUDED!

I have gotten LH positive surge for 3 days now 4/7 4/7 and 4/9.. Is this normal? What does it mean?

ttcforever6391

Asked by ttcforever6391 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not sure what you're asking, but if you're asking if you are pregnant I ......
    I can't say anything without coming off rude or mean.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Most opk your test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. I don't see it but maybe it is just the pic.
    Yes you can have more than one that is why they say you should not test after you get yur first postive, PCOS can also give you multiple positive surges.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Oh so your saying these may not be even be positive? I have taken them before and I have never gotten two lines on either test. The test line isnt darker than the control line in any of the pictures.
    ttcforever6391

Comment by ttcforever6391 (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would check the directions but in my experience these would not be positive. Sorry.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I always get multiples...the darker the better I was told by family. My doctor told me to test daily and the first day it registered positive was the day to go with because the hormone it tests for is what triggers your ovulation and can stay in your system for a while...but the first day is the day to "go with". It took me a lot of tests the first month, but I have regular cycles, so after that I was able to estimate about what day my surge was to help narrow down my testing.

Hope that helps!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• #1 The two lines have to be the SAME shade.

#2 You are not supposed to test again after the first positive because LH can remain in your system for several days after the surge and after you become pregnant the test will show positive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Just wanted to clarify my statement...the test line needs to be the SAME or DARKER than the control line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• the lines have to be the same...or the line on the left can be darker, but not lighter....
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 11:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2011