Have you ever received a random act of kindness from a stranger?

Once my husband and I went out to eat with our baby who was only 2 months at the time and when we went to pay for the check our waitress told us it had already been taken care of by another customer who wished to remain annonymous. To this day I have no idea why or who would have done this and I only wish I could have thanked them. Has anything like that ever happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• well when i was pregnant with my daughter, me and my husband were pretty low income...and were struggling. I had to get some pills for a UTI that i thought our insurance would cover but when we got to pick up, found it that it wasn't ALL covered and we didn't have the money for it. there was a long line behind us and I was embarassed and humiliated to say the LEAST. Overwhelmed I bawled and cried and a little old lady stepped up and told the cashier that she'd pay for it. She said she was a hurricane katrina victim and the people in TX were so kind to her since she moved and that she wanted to return the favor. I cried somemore i was so happy and grateful that there ARE good people still out there who love to help and not want anything in return.
    Anonymous

• nope, i've never been on the receiving end. But I give as much as I can spare.
    Anonymous

• Last year around Christmas I was in the store doing some shopping, I was having a really rough day and was stressed over finances. I'd paid for my purchases and as I prepared to leave the store a man walked up to me, he said he felt like the Lord told him to give me "this" and placed something into my hand. I cried when I saw that it was a $20 bill, that really made my day. I have no idea who that man was.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Something similar happened. I was buying some basic necesseties at a grocery store and I ran out of money. I had almost 80 bucks left and this man behind me insisted on paying for it for me. He was so kind. I kept thanking him and he just told me to pay it forward sometimes.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have and I answered a similar question from the other end of this situation as well. I was out with my mom and we stopped to get gas, but her card didn't run in the machine, it kept saying there was a read error on the card. The guy at the next pump went inside and put $30 on her pump. The cashier called over the little speaker thing that she had a $30 credit on the pump.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• We had no money, and no food for thanksgiving this year. my husband, 2 kids and i had went out to get some errands done after dh got home from work, and when we got back we had food waiting for us on the porch. We were so thankful, and we had a great thanksgiving!
    Anonymous

• it was nothing big but we were at wal-mart checking out and this lady in her 50's maybe comes up to us and gives my husband a half dollar coin for our son. she says it for his piggy bank i was like wth but i said thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I have had it happen a couple of times. when I was in the army I was coming home on leave I stopped to eat and when I went to pay the waitress said a guy had paid for the lady soilders meal. another time I was broke just getting out of the hospital and had a 2 year old. I went to church and when we got home there were presernts for all of us under the tree.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I was raised to be a giver, even if it is a smile for someone that is having a bad day. That said last christmas we were having finacial trouble. One of my sons pre school teachers new. Well they got large holiday bonuses and she showed up at my house with a $100 bill. She told me that they had done most of their christmas shopping already and I could put it to good use. I cryed my butt off. She is also a foster mom so she is a natural giver too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• When my son entered kindergarten I volunteered in his class everyday from beginning to end, after the 2 teachers got to know me and our situation they really appreciated me more. The day before we let out for Christmas vacation they gave me a card, it was a sweet gesture I thought and I put it aside not thinking a thing and continued cleaning up the mess from our party. The teachers kept asking if I opened the card yet and I said OH! ok I'll open it now then, and inside was a giftcard for $200!!!!!! They paid for it out of their own pockets, I cried for the first time ever from receiving a gift so needed. They also later helped me get a job at the school. People can be frickin' awesome sometimes!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2008