does anyone know an effective way to get ebay or some scammer from spain my money back it was a lot the amount might help?? $1353.50

i won a bid on ebay and the seller sent me a message that i must pay thru moneygramm and he would send right away. he offered to sell 4 for 1353.50 and never sent anything. it was debastating. july 7th

futurapanama

Asked by futurapanama at 8:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• contact the folks at ebay and see if they are willing to help you...It's for reason like that they warn people not use use those type of payments options... If they won't be able to help you get your money back  they will at least remove this person from ebay so they don't scam other people.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I am so sorry that happened to you. Something very similar happened to my brother and he was out $1000. It turned out that the sellers account had been hacked by a scam artist so even though he had perfect feedback it was a totally different person who had posted the item and had gotten the wire. Ebay contacted my brother to let him know it was a scam but he had already wired the money to another country and when he contacted the moneygram company they told him the money had already been picked up and there was nothing they could do. I would report it to ebay and contact moneygram just in case but unfortunately there is usually nothing they can do which is why these scam artists require you to wire the money. Sorry. :(
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 9:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Whenever you buy something off ebay make sure to pay with paypal or similar service. That way if there are problems you can dispute the charge both with paypal and with your credit card company. If you use visa or mastercard you have no liability.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 9:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Wow! that is a lot of money to be out. Definitely contact Ebay to see what they can do, and then contact your local authorities. I live in a really small county, and didn't think they were up to date with technology, but they were! I had someone attempt to scam me with some roommate deal, and when I took the copies of the e-mails into the police department, they found him and he was arrested. I wasn't out any money, fortunately, but hopefully they would be able to get your money back.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• and also! check to see if the transfer was ever picked up...you may still be able to cancel it. And the company should be able to tell you who picked up the money and help you legally.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I was ripped off once, years ago on ebay. If they don't take paypal they don't need my business. You can try the ebay ppl, but chances are you will just have to suck it up to experience and lesson learned
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• wow... i have done this to someone b4
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2008