Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Do you love being a SAHM ? Tell me why and bump if you do !

 
christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 12:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 18 (5,031 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I love it. I am very lucky I can stay home, for now. I think it is the natural place for a mother & if all moms could, they would.
    Raising my child, and not leaving it up to someone else, is something I cherish.
    I would not trade it for the highest paying job in the world.
    kazmia

    Answer by kazmia at 1:47 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

  • I love being a SHAM because I truly enjoy my babies. I once was so frustrated with my children (turned out I had prenatal depression) so I do not want to take them for granted again. Also me being home I get to make sure we have homework done and a healthy dinner (most night's, realistically I can't promise homecooked healthy EVERY night!!)
    Those little moments when your child does or says something that just makes you swell with pride are awesome. I can't help but think if I were still working I'd likely have missed out on that. My mom couldn't stay home with me and my sister and she wishes she had been able. Listening to her talk about that time in out lives makes me especially grateful that I am able to be home.
    AmandaH321

    Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

  • Some days yes because he's growing up so fast so I get to be there for all the little stuff like when he discovered his hands or to roll over.
    But I think I speak for a lot of people when I say he get's very frustrating and willful(who knew a baby could be quite s stubborn). Then it get's a little crazy but 97% of the time I love it and the other 3% is a learning moment for helping both of us learn to be more patient.
    lizziebreath

    Answer by lizziebreath at 1:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2011