My 9 month old is having Breath Holding Spells. I anyone having this problem?

My baby in a month has had 2 breath holding spells. I am really frustrated on dealing with this. I will be able to talk to the dr about this next thursday. But I was wondering if anyone has had there baby do this and if so how did you handle it. Cause for me I am so worried about him all the time. And I just keep seeing his face blue and his eyes rolling in the back of his head. I would like some support from other mothers who have experienced this.

parkerbaby1

Asked by parkerbaby1 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try LIGHTLY blowing in his face. I've never experienced it with this age and with the eyes rolling...
    but maybe this will help.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My bf's kids do/did this. Yes it is scary. They all grew out of it over time. at times you could blow in their face but it didnt normally work
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My son had breath holding spells till I think he was 2-3.. he had them when he was getting shots.. (turned blue and the nurse tried to take him from me). The one that scared me the most was he actually end up getting seizures because of it.. he's perfectly healthy now.. the only reason he had those spells were when he didn't get his way.. The doctor told me toddlers usually grow out of them at age 4..
    I don't honestly remember what I did to calm him down.. I think I just let him have his way (after the hospital incident).
    Amazingly my 2nd son doesn't have these spells.
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 12:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I never knew this stuff happened.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:22 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• MY SON WHEN HE WAS 1 YEAR OLD STARTED THAT AND IT WAS DUE TO ASTHMA. now it can not hurt him to much what will happen is he will pass out and his breathing will return to normal.
    mom1jsa

Answer by mom1jsa at 2:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ok well that you guys for your comments and advice. I really needed these comments.
    parkerbaby1

Comment by parkerbaby1 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• lightly blow in his face its what i had to do with my son.. its scary when they do that.
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 5:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I never experienced anything like this with my boys but it sounds scary hopefully your doctor will have some answers for you. Good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2011