What makes you want to be friends with someone?

Just wondering what does a person do that make you want to be friends with that person? I have people who think being friends is simply saying they know a person. I call that acquaintances. What make a person a friend for you?

TwinkleLites

Asked by TwinkleLites at 12:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• A friend is someone that i know when i tell my problems in life they will not judge me. Someone who cares about me and i care for them. someone i want to hang out with with common interests. And someone i can count on when needed.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• wellll, I look for someone nonjudgmental and who respects my lifestyle...someone who doesn't appear needy or have expectations of me. This is odd, because that is probably the opposite of what I would have said in highschool ! But I need time for my family and time for myself and my studies...so the person I enjoy being friends with is the one who calls me once a week to check in and makes plans with me once a month or so.....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• a friend someone who is genuine. someone who is honest and loyal. someone who knows you inside and out. i know there's a little people i call 'friend' but i only have 3 'true friends' including my husband.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I love a friend who will listen. Actually listen!!! Not talk over you or inturrupt you or have their eye's glaze over.
    I also love a friend who is truly there for me. If I need to ask a favor or vice versa and they are there for me.
    If you have someone who can make you laugh till you cry, that dosen't hurt either.
    Lately though I have really appreciated my friends who have a common belief as me. I am a christian and have started to notice a difference in friendships with my christian and non christian friends. It's mostly been in the type of advice they give and what's more suited to me.
    Now that I have kids it helps too if they either have kids or like kids. But not just have kids, their kids have to be compatable with mine. That may sound strange but I have a friend right now and our kids do not get along. It is making our friendship difficult.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My friends have to have a sense of humor and be void of drama. They can't be attention-craving & clingy or loud & obnoxious. Okay that's it lol. Anyone wanna friend me? haaha

Mrs_Doll

Answer by Mrs_Doll at 12:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Friend...

If you can call the person up and ask them to pick up your child because you are caught in traffic. Or someone you can call to have a little vent because they will be supportive.

Acquaintance...
    is someone you might know, but could never call up just out of the blue for friendly conversation. I consistently use the word acquaintance for such people, as I like my friends to really be in a special category, which is something they have earned through trust in my opinion!

I like to select friends based on the way they treat others. As a result I have a wide assortment of friends from all sorts of places. There is no characteristic more admirable in my book than seeing the type of person who has it all, reach out to help out someone else. That is the best kind of person or friend!

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011