would you change

If someone were to show you in your bible a law/commandment that you were unaware of would you even consider live/practice it? Why or why not. NO BASHING

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would need an example. Not sure exactly what your talking about. :O(
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Example: Say someone did not know that you were not supposed to have sex before you are married. Then they read it in the bible and saw how many scriptures supported it. Would you change your life. Say you were single and lead a promiscuous life. Would you change it?
    Anonymous

• No, because I am atheist

Anonymous

• Oh, okay. Well, tough question. Because my Bible says "No sex before marriage" and I still had sex before marriage. So, to say "Yes" I would change might not be an honest answer. For me and my life right now..it is ever evolving...my relationship with my God is not what it was 20 years ago. I feel that I follow closer to what my God wants me to than I did back then. I am always trying to better myself...so in other words...I am a work in progress and I'm getting better at "following the rules". :O)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Southerncharmes-it does not matter what you use to do. The bible says"that’s what some of you were" if you ask for forgiveness and apply what you learn then god will bless you for the effort.
    Anonymous

• I agree. I live my life the best way I know how and I do not feel that my God looks upon me as a failure. My life is blessed in so many ways and will continue to receive blessings.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Yes. Most people (unless raised going to church) when they first become Christians or born again do not know what the bible says regarding sin... as they learn, read, and are shown what the bible says then we change and stop doing those things that are considered sin according to the bible.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Well if you have read the Bible why would you have not known? I guess I am a bit confused by that. The Bible is pretty clear and I would imagine if you are raised in the church you know if you do A then B will happen.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I agree with bonn777
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I am a work in progress, I would do my best to change the things that I'm doing wrong. I am not perfect, therefore, I ask for forgiveness daily and pray for strength and guidance.
    PreciousJewelle

Answer by PreciousJewelle at 3:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008