Wine

is red wine really good for your health

lonesome3036

Asked by lonesome3036 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes. That is why I drink a glass of wine every night...also it helps me unwind.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• A glass a day keeps the doctor away.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 12:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes, absolutely. It's loaded with all kinds of beneficial natural chemicals resveratol, other stuff (you can google it). I started drinking one small glass a day with a meal to help my cholesterol. My HDL (the good cholesterol) is over 70 now and I am sure the wine is one of the reasons. I also put cinnamon in my morning cup of coffee so that's probably helping, too.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 1:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You can get the same Resveratol from other foods, like fruits and veggies. The risks, overall, outweigh the benefits. That said, if you're going to splurge on a glass of vino, red is the better option. Eating grapes, skin on, will give you the same benefits, and you'll get fiber and more vitamins.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes it is.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011