Do you have perfect vision?

I was just wandering how many people have 20/20 vision. If you don't have 20/20 vision how old were you when you had to get glassess/contacts?

My mom and DH are blinder than a bat. I get an instant headache when I put there glasses on because I have 20/20 vision. My dad claims he still has 20/20 vision, but he 'claims' a lot of things when it involves things like having to get glasses lol. My sister go glasses in highschool for reading, but I don't even think she wears them anymore.

I know it may sound silly, but I know most people's vision doesn't last forever. I'm 25 and wandering how long until it starts going. I feel blessed to have perfect vision and sometimes people are amazed. I was actually called a 'freak' not too long ago because somebody asked me what time it was, so I turned around to look on the clock halfways across the mall. My friend asked me how I knew that from turning around, and I told her a clock was right here and then she called me a freak! lol

shoot4thestars

Asked by shoot4thestars at 12:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Health

• 100/ 80 when I was 30
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• 20/20 still and I'm almost 26
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Nope, not even remotely close. I've been wearing glasses since I was 15 and I'm now gonna be 23 next month. Every year they've gotten worse and worse to the point where if I take off my glasses I cannot even see the computer screen in front of me.

My 4 year old daughter got glasses in October and was told she has severe astigmatism, the doctor said it's the most severe she ever saw in a person so young. I would even have to get her especially made contacts if she wants some when she is older. I just hope my son won't need glasses ever. Btw, my husband has 20/20 vision, lucky!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My eyes aren't 20/20 any more I got glasses when I was 17 I don't wear then anymore my sons eyes are really bad his RX is at -21.50 no and if he was older in his teens he won't be able to drive b/c there so bad his 2 and 1/2
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I do now. I had LASIK in 2007. I had worn glasses or contacts since I was a kid, and my vision was horrible before the surgery.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• aww im sorry about your son, enanianza. my cousin was afraid she wouldn't be able to drive either because of her vision but she was finally able to get her driver's license last year!
    shoot4thestars

Comment by shoot4thestars (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I definitely don't. I've worn glasses since 3rd grade. I don't see well at all, and I can't see squat at night. My DH, on the other hand, has perfect 20/20! Apparently all my kids do too, so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I hope they get their eyesight from their dad!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:50 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• thats awesome, julie! i bet you feel so much better now! my dh wants to get that done so bad, hopefully soon we'll be able to get it for him.
    shoot4thestars

Comment by shoot4thestars (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I'm 36 and still have 20/20 vision, though I only have one eye. When I was a teen the optometrist told me that if I didn't need glasses at that point I probably wouldn't need them until I was at least in my 40's.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2011