Do you believe that the trinity existed before Jesus' birth?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 12:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Yes. At least before His earthly birth. But, Jesus, and the Trinity have been around since God created the world. In fact, the first time both the Trinity, and Jesus are mentioned in the Bible is Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, 'Let US make man in OUR llikeness, and let them rule over the fist of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.'"
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Here's an example of a Hindu Trinity: Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, and Isis, Osiris, and Horus are another example.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No, but like others I don't believe in the Trinity at all. I'm a Unitarian, in that I believe in the One-ness of God and don't believe Jesus was divine or God incarnate.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I don't believe in the trinity, but there are beliefs similar to the trinity in other religions. Virgin, Mother, and Crone are examples in religions that believe in a Mother Goddess.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

•  

yes and no. yes I do believe there was a Trinity around before the man named Jesus was born but no because I believe in a different type of Trinity that doesn't include the Christian Jesus. I belong to a faith that believes in a Mother Goddess(as well as a Father God) The Goddess or Triple Goddess's Trinity has the Maiden(or Virgin) aspect, The Mother Aspect, and The Crone aspect.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 11:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes, but it was Maiden, Mother, Crone...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• The age of the calf is before Jesus. Jesus is the age of the fish & the water bearer is after him.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No. I don't believe in the trinity at all. There are too many that agree and disagree with it all
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ?
    Jesus existed before His mortal birth. God the Father exists and the Holy Spirit is, well the Holy Spirit....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2011