If people are awaiting final judgment for resurrection, how can heaven be eternal?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 12:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Religious Debate

• The Spiritual realm is outside of time.. so in God's eyes everything has already happened. We just havent got there yet.

Our spirits are already there.. our bodies will get there soon enough. :-)

Jsbenkert .. it has to do with time. we are still constrained by time here on earth but time is non existant there. Once you die you enter a new realm.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• So are these dead people just 'sleeping' or are they in purgatory awaiting judgement day? Are dead people judged the day the die or is there just one mass judgement? I've heard both and it's odd that bible believers can't agree on such an important part of their faith.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If you look in the bible, Genesis clearly states that heaven is the sky. Anyway, I do not believe a new heaven will be created once Jesus returns. I don't believe he will return at all or like people think. Heaven and Hell are nothing more than human state of mind. That is my opinion at least.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I've wondered this, too. If our loved ones who have passed away are supposed to be in Heaven right now, looking "down" on us (the idea that Heaven is somewhere in the sky), but Heaven won't be created until the "Second Coming" of Jesus. . . what happens to those in the Heaven they are supposed to be in now? Do they move on up (to the East Side where they'll finally get a piece of the pi-i-i-ie, movin' on up. . . oh, sorry, I got carried away) to the other Heaven? Do they stay in the one they started in? Do they have another judgement? Where is Heaven?  What does one do there that's so great that we'd want to do it for eternity?  So many questions. . . so many vague and inconsistent answers. . .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• A new heaven and earth will be formed after Jesus comes again. People will be judged and will enter heaven. If you don't believe, I assume you go to hell.

Answer by TwinkleLites at
    **************************
    Oh gee, I am going to HELL then. I think Jesus was a wise man but I don't think he is the Son of God...and all of the stories in the Bible are myths. Yup....I 'm on my way...Fire and Brimstone. Yup.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• jsbenkert- I seriously just spewed chocolate wafer all over the keyboard. thx very much!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• it isn't a linear timeline in the way that we commonly understand... it isn't a matter of "now" and "then"... its all now..and its also then... like a parallel time frame... when people die and "go to heaven" (or hell) they will feel as if it's instantaneous, because we are still alive and conscious and living in our own limited understanding, it seems like it will be in the "future".. time doesn't mean the same thing to us as it does to God...
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 12:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I hope not too,adnilm. I think the answers will be revealed AFTER we die and I also think everyone is just guessing at this point in time.
    That's just me,tho.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• So the dead now are in a sub earth?
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2011