What's luck got to do with it?

Is it bad luck to tell friends and family about a BFP before the second trimester? I hear that it souldn't be done because of the risks of miscarriage and having to tell everyone about that if it happens....

babyblue7990

Asked by babyblue7990 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• That's got to be your call. Me and dh shared our news right away. But I also know that if I was to have a miscarriage I would rather have the support and understanding of those close to us.
    But I know a lot of people wait incase something happens and they loose the baby. So again which would you prefer? We were also so excited that we just couldn't keep our mouthes shut!
    With my last (4th) pregnancy I found while switching birth controls. Dr had be do a pregnancy test before starting new pill and I got a call from her nurse that it came back positive but they wanted me to do another test in a few days to confirm that I was pregnant. She said it was a weak level and it could either mean that I'm just pregnant or that I've miscarried. I cried and couldn't believe I could have miscarried without even knowing I was pregnant. I told some women close to me and they all prayed for us and I just layed my 2 wk old son down:D
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• That's awesome! I agree that the support would be a nice thing to have it would just be hard having to repeat it to everyone over and over until everyone we told knew... But we probably wont be able to keep quiet
    babyblue7990

Comment by babyblue7990 (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sweetie, luck as NOTHING to do with this. That is totally a myth. People say its bad luck bc there is so many risks of pregnancy loss within the first few months of your pregnancy. They say not to do it so you avoid having to tell ppl you lost your baby because some people find it embarrassing. I honestly found it too upsetting & sad to talk about when it happened to me. When I got pregnant for the 2nd time, I didn't tell my ex's family or any of his friends until I was 12 weeks bc there's less chances of pregnancy loss. When I had to tell them I lost my first baby, they were totally mean and no where near sensitive. I say tell ppl that you really care about & that really care about you!!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• well luck has nothing to do with it whatever is gonna happen or not is gonna happen whether you tell people or not
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2011