Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get away from the person I'm with?

So I'm living w/my ex, my baby's daddy & even w/us not together he's still controlling. I don't have a job or a car so makes things even harder. He wont let me live w/my mom & be able to have my son b.c. she lives w/some messed up ppl. Sometimes he's really nice, & others he's just a jerk. I want 2 b able 2 see my son all the time, but wont be able 2 if I move in w/my mom and have no where else 2 go...on top of that I'm kinda seeing someone else and he says he understands y i have to stay but still gives me crap about it. I really don't know what to do until i'm able 2 get a job so I can move out and get my own place & own there someone who can give me some advice? Please!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • do u have custody or joint? and either way he cant keep ur son away from u

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • You said the key word "controlling". Don't let him tell you what you can and cannot do. You and your child can move back with your mom, unless the situation is really unsafe for your child. Just stay there til you get government assistance and get your own place. DON'T leave the house without your baby. You will regret that. And don't move in with your new BF who gives you crap about your living situation. He doesn't sound like a person you need in your life if he is not willing to help you! Sorry! Don't worry, you have more power and strength than you think girl. Do it.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 11:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • I have a couple questions:

    1) Do you have a job? Do you have ANY money saved up?
    2) As of right now has any court appointed custody been assigned?
    3) are you willing to do whatever it takes to leave your situation WITH your son?

    A lot of situations seem impossible when you're right smack dab in the middle of them. But there is usually a way out. If you do not have a job you need to get one. You need to get state assistance to cover childcare and you can find an apartment that is income based to get you started.

    If your mom has shady people around her I wouldn't suggest taking your son there for two reasons, 1) it gives his dad something to pin on you and 2) it's not healthy for you son. I will give you more advice if you want but I'd really like to see the answers to the questions I've asked you first just to see if you are dead serious on this.

    Answer by munch12502 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • sign up for govt housing then check out bus routes until you can save for a car or ride with someone from work when you get a job.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

  • I'm currently looking for a job, but don't have a job, or ANY money saved up. I'm not taking him to court for custody until I get my own place bc with the way things are right now, he would end up getting him since he has a job and a car & a place. I have none of those really. I've looked into getting help for childcare but they're so dumb, they said you have to have a job before you can even get put on the list and the list is still in November of last year and now they aren't taking anyone new. If I take our son to my moms, then he's going to take me to court for custody. His mom will pay the attorney fee bc she doesn't want her grandson there either. I'm really trying to get a job, just no one's hiring...and I have to work from 5pm - close bc we don't have money for a sitter at the moment. He'll have to watch him at night when I do get a job.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.