I need help

I want to start ttc right away. I want to try for a girl. I've heard and also read in accredited books that ttc at certain times can up the odds of a girl. I am thoroughly confused on WHEN to start ttc. I had always thought that the way it worked was count 7-14 days after the first day of your period and that is when to ttc. Now I'm hearing and reading that it's supposed to be counting backwards from your NEXT period about 16 days or so. I'm really confused and I want to get this right because my husband and I both want a girl if at all possible and we desperately want to conceive asap because we have had to wait long enough. Please someone help me. No bashing or sarcasm. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't believe in doing it at a certain time can make sure you have a child of a certain gender.. I did come across this post about a method earlier that I guess kinda makes sense.. it's called the shettles method. I would say that's worth looking into?
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• how about ovulation calculator
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• 10-20 days after your period
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• what determines girl or boy has nothing to do with timing. it's what ever gets to your egg first....totally up to chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My Dr's nurse told me it's up to the guys sperm. There's nothing you can do to help things along. She did tell me though that's it's harder to make a girl than a boy. Not sure how much truth there is in that but I jokingly told dh after we had a son that it takes a real man to make a girl and we'd have to see if he had it in him! lol We had 2 girls and recently another boy.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It also goes to how many girls are born on your dh's side of the family, well its up to the male on whether or not u will have a boy or girl, but also strong genetics plays a role too, just like eye color is determined by the male......I think....anyway, my dh's family well his brother had a a girl, his mom had a girl ut lost her at birth.......I don;t know how much is up to the female side but my family has a strong history of having girls....My sister's 1st was a girl.my mom's 1st.a girl.....me!! My 1st was a girl.....my uncle's 1st ....a girl ect......
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• well now ive heard different hings about what to do to determine the sex but i have no idea if any of it works but i do know for sure ive done it for years and concieved kids doing it you count 14 days after your first day of period this is of course if your normal and you start test9ing to see if your ovulating which there are tests at the store you can get to tell you if you are or not and also have sex three days before you start ovul then stop til you ovul to clean out his sperm and get fresh sperm
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2011