No health insurance

So my FI and I are going to start TTC soon but we are both aware that I wont be able to get health insurance until after we get a BFP... Has anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i have that problem!! i work, my hubby works, and we cannot get health insurance. we pay our taxes, so we are paying for everyone else's medicaid and whatever, so why not use it ourselves? i don't think it's an issue if you have planned for it and are paying your taxes. also, some states have their own state plans for low income people with no insurance (as is my case) which you could look into. good luck ttc!
    mrstheriault

Answer by mrstheriault at 3:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• BFP ... not sure what that stands for... But i personally wouldn't intentionally conceive unless I had either proper health insurance or the money to pay out of pocket. Labor and delivery alone costs a pretty chunk of change, and you never know what complications could arise. There are assistance programs for low income families who need pre-natal care but I feel it's wrong to use such things when you don't need it and waiting is an option.

GL :)
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I agree...it would be ABUSING the system to get pregnant INTENTIONALLY with the INTENTION of using government assistance which is sounds like you are doing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2011