Should people who DO NOT receive welfare be entitled to more Social Security when they retire?

Before you start bashing, listen for a minute...In a previous post about welfare, there were multiple statements like this:
I've paid taxes so why not collect welfare, it is my money anyway.

Well, if that is the case, then those people who have never collected welfare should get more money from social security when they retire right? I mean, if the money "is mine" right? We should get it sometime, no?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 11:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• The money you pay into Social Security with each paycheck is used right away. It's not kept in a separate fund for you when you reach retirement.

So no, not being a drain on resources isn't enough to grant you a bonus.
    Anonymous

• I'm not on welfare and no I don't think I should be entitled to more Social Security when they retire?
    I agree with helping those in needs.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Greedy much?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• dustermommy, have you read the post and over 100 answers about welfare? i suggest you do, then maybe judge who the greedy people are. I'm not the one flashing diamonds while I cash in my foodstamps. I'm not the one saying, I pay for welfare from taxes, so why not be on it.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Okay. Allow me to change my question:

Judgemental much?

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• thunder, shut UP. What do you expect? That woman should go sell her diamonds to buy groceries for one month, and when he husband gets a job, she should buy them back from a pawn store?

Good lord. Get over yourself and hope YOU'RE never in a position where you need help. Knock it off.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 11:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• RanaAurora: :)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Good lord. Get over yourself and hope YOU'RE never in a position where you need help. Knock it off.

Oh, but she won't ever be in that position. Didn't you know? She went to college, and therefore will never be in need of money, because she "did what it took" to ensure a better life.

Also, having children and no money is no excuse for not bettering yourself with a college education. After all, they have family housing at all state colleges that is paid for with financial aid.

*rolls eyes*
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• thundernlight are you one of those people that checks others grocery carts? I bet you even follow people out in the parking lot when you find out they have paid for food with food stamps. What the heck!!!! Everyone falls on hard times every now and then.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Where is this family housing? My hubby and I lived in a crappy apartment while in college.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2008