How long does ovulation last?

How long does it last, how many days in the cycle is there a chance of conceiving, and what are those days? My periods are usually 27-30 days apart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• How many fertile days you have depends on YOUR body. Some women have 1 and others have 5. You have to CHART in order to know.

You ovulate 11 to 16 days BEFORE your next period. You have to CHART CERVICAL MUCUS in order to determine when you are fertile.

The egg typically lives no longer than 24 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My p is every 28 days like clock work, and am the most feritle on the 14day after my p...I get preggers right away each time I try and I'm now preggers with baby number 3... Everyone is diff though, and that's just how my body works
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 2:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• well ovulation nor4mally last bout 3 days but u can actually have sex a couple days before you ovulate and it can still get you pregnant and count 14 days after the day you start your period and thats about when you keep an eye on the ovulation your normal ovulqation days are the 16th thru the 18th day after the day you start your period
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• there are ovulation at store you can buy
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Your egg lives for 24 hours and sperm for about 5 days under optimum conditions. Having sex every other day from day 8 tp day 20 of your cycle should bathe that egg in little friends.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ovulation is the act of a follicle releasing an egg. After that happens, ovulation is over. It's not a drawn-out process. You're most fertile in the 2-3 days prior to ovulation, but pregnancy can occur anywhere from 6-7 days before ovulation to 12-36 hours afterwards. Most women ovulate 11-16 days before the start of their next period, so there's no way to count days unless you know for sure when in your cycle you ovulate. The only way to figure that out is to chart, especially basal body temperature and cervical mucus. Read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and check out FertilityFriend.com.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011