Kitty poo stains on lino floor

My kitten sometimes poops on the toilet room floor. I don't mind too much, because it's easy enough to clean up, but it leaves a brown stain on the linoleum that doesn't come off. I've tried bleach - no effect. Any ideas?

judimary

Asked by judimary at 1:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pets

• Apply full strength distilled white vinegar directly to tough linoleum stains. Leave it on 10-15 minutes before wiping up. If that doesn't work, apply it again and sprinkle baking soda over the vinegar. Scrub with brush or sponge. Rinse with clean water.

To remove cat and dog urine, feces and vomit stains and odors from a linoleum, vinyl, ceramic tile or marble floor, simply spray PAWS - Pet Accident Washup Solution or a dilution of Bio-OX Citrus Concentrate on the soiled area, then allow it to penetrate for approximately 5 minutes. Wipe clean.

That's what I found on google..
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You're welcome and Good luck! =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• What about whitening toothpaste? I would give it a shot. Let it set and then apply a little water and scrub... sounds like it should work.. I'll check google real quick =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thank-you!! I put the toothpaste on it and it certainly makes the bathroom smell nice! :D I'll wipe it up in a few minutes and try the vinegar if the t'paste didn't work.
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• GL:)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Did it work??
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No, the toothpaste didn't. I will do the vinegar now. :)
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 3:37 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Nope, the vinegar doesn't work either. I'll have to wait now until I can go shopping to get PAWS or that Bio Ox stuff. Don't even know if it's available here. :/ It's late Sunday afternoon here, so I will have a look in the store tomorrow.
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 4:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• The vinegar did whiten the areas around the stains, so now the brown spots have white halos. :/ *sigh*
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 4:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We had to replace the linoleum because kitty litter that spilled streaked the floor and nothing we tried worked to remove it.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2011